City of Vancouver Jobs
Jobs in Vancouver Canada for Indian, Do you have an appetite for career progression and are ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? As Sous Chef, your expertise in Indian Cuisine will support our banquet operations to take Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to the next level Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
You are a creative and talented individual with a proven ability to lead Culinary teams while providing safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine
|Post Name||Sous Chef – Indian Cuisine Specialty|
|Expected Salary||CAD 17 To CAD 19 Per Hour|
|Address||Vancouver, BC, Canada V6C 2W6|
Our Culture & Benefits for Indian Jobs in Vancouver, BC (with Salaries) 2022:
- An inclusive, empowering, and positive company culture where we place people at the heart of everything we do
- The opportunity to have fun at work, alongside passionate hospitality professionals who strive to make the world a more welcoming place
- Competitive salary starting at $60,000 with annual performance evaluations and compensation review
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
- Complimentary shift meal through our Colleague Dining Program
- Travel reimbursement program for a TransLink monthly pass
- Extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Company-matched pension plan and ability to enroll in the ACCOR Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Starting at 10 days of paid vacation each calendar year increasing with the length of service
- One complimentary hotel stay with breakfast for two through our BE OUR GUEST program,
- Employee benefit card offering discounted room and food & beverage rates at Accor properties worldwide
- The opportunity to work in a luxury hotel environment and a Vancouver heritage building with a historic legacy dating back to 1939
- Free learning programs through our Academies and discounted programs and courses through Cornell
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and Riise
- Opportunity to be nominated for and win your dream trip through our yearly employee and leadership recognition program
- Opportunity to develop your talent through coaching and our Leadership Mentoring Programs
What You Will Be Doing for Indians Jobs Near Vancouver British Columbia:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Support the restaurant and banquet culinary teams
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions, and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise with Outlet & Banquet managers to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback on a daily basis
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features, and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Responsible for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Act as a hands-on Chef and able to coach & train new colleagues
- Prepare a schedule for Culinary colleagues according to budget
- Conduct one-on-one and annual reviews in a timely manner
- Create PowerPoint Presentation for the Culinary Departmental meeting
- Create seasonal menus for both outlets & banquets in collaboration with the Executive Chef
- Create actions plans for the CES and follow up for results
- Complete Time & Attendance for Culinary colleagues and at times for Stewarding colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Your Experience And Skills Include for Best Vacancy in Indian Jobs in Vancouver, BC:
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a high-end dining environment required
- Cooking Indian Cuisine in a professional environment required
- 8-10 years of experience working in the Culinary field required
- Red Seal Certification (Cook) is required
- Valid Food Safe certification required
- Must have a good knowledge of Food costs & Labor costs
- Previous experience in high-volume luxury hotel restaurant and banquet operation
- Proven organizational skills, work well on own and with others. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work a flexible and rotating schedule (including evenings, weekends, holidays, early mornings, and late nights)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
Your Team And Working Environment:
We are thrilled to welcome our guests back to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, known as the ‘Castle in the City, with its chateau-style green-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heart of Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizes grandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver completed a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With its prestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife, and world-class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests back to extraordinary experiences at their homes away from home.
Visa requirements: successful candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates with Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor? We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
Interview Questions for Sous Chef:
- Why Are You Interested In This Role?
- What Are The Roles Of A Sous Chef?
- What Are The Qualities That A Sous Chef Need To Be Successful?
- What Major Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Manage Them?
- Describe Your Daily Routine As A Sous Chef?
- Describe Briefly About Your Experience
- What Kind Of Strategies And Mindset Is Required For This Role?
- What Is The Biggest Challenge That You Foresee In This Job?
- How Do You Stay Motivated In Your Work?
- Describe A Time When You Failed In This Role And The Lesson You Learnt?
- Why Do You Feel You Are The Most Suited For This Role?
- Share With Us Your Greatest Achievement.
- How Would You Complete Multiple Tasks Within A Short Time Frame?
- How Do You React When A Customer Sends Their Meal Back And What Will You Do To Improve The Dish?
- What Key Words Would Your Colleagues Use To Describe You?
- How Do You Maintain the Flavor and Quality Of Dish When You Create An Item For A Reduced-Fat Or Low-Sodium Menu?
- What Measures Would You Implement To Minimize Food Wastage?
- What Knowledge Do You Have On Food Safety And How Will You Adhere Safety Standards In The Kitchen?