The Sales Tax Compliance Manager will have the opportunity to work within the SALT practice of a nationally recognized firm.
The State and Local Tax (SALT) practice is a national practice and serves all Cherry Bekaert offices throughout the nation.
This Candidate will have the opportunity to work with the firm’s Senior Managers of SALT and play an integral role in building the SALT practice through the growth of sales tax compliance services. The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of state and local tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
|Post Name||Sales Tax Manager- Compliance|
|Address||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States 27612|
|Company Name||Cherry Bekaert|
About Cherry Bekaert:
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax, and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally.
“Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards.
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk, and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program that includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
As a Sales Tax Compliance Manager, You Will:
Interact with partners, senior managers, staff, and clients to provide compliance expertise; contribute to practice development and business development activities, and supervise and develop staff on a firm-wide basis. Specifically, the primary responsibilities of the Sales Tax Manager are focused on the following areas:
- Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Client Service
- Project/Task Management
- Implementation of SALT initiatives
- Communication of SALT developments
- Staff Supervision, Development, and Training
- Personal and Professional Development
Specific Duties Include Sales Tax Compliance:
- Preparing all aspects of sales & use tax compliance and reporting.
- Identify opportunities to minimize clients’ multi-state tax risk through nexus reviews, notice management, etc.
- Provide state and local audit defense assistance to clients.
- Research complex state and local tax issues using state statutes, regulations, case law, and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Provide technical assistance to the tax compliance function in order to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Accept responsibility for, and complete tasks assigned by the firm’s Senior Managers.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete projects.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time.
- Alert SALT Partner in a timely fashion of any issues, constraints, challenges, and/or scheduling conflicts that may arise in completing assigned tasks.
- Develop a professional relationship with the firm partners/managers. Gain the respect and confidence of the partners/managers by consistently demonstrating excellent customer service, quality work products, and professional integrity.
- Manage expectations of clients and partners. Ensure that the clients/partners are fully informed of engagement progress and logistics.
- Prepare and organize engagement work papers and files.
Implementation of SALT Initiatives:
- Assist firm SALT Director in identifying efficiency-based SALT initiatives to implement throughout the firm.
- Work with partners/managers throughout the firm in identifying clients that may benefit from Sales Tax Compliance services
- Assist with the development and implementation of external marketing programs.
- Provide technical support and/or project management for projects arising from SALT initiatives.
Communication of SALT Developments:
- Keep abreast of significant current developments and new legislation within multi-state taxation.
- Analyze and provide written summaries of significant developments to be used for Cherry Bekaert newsletters and website postings.
- Identify developments having a potentially significant impact on the client base, and follow up with internal and/or external communications as deemed appropriate.
- Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities and changeability. Effectively delegate and manage work given to staff.
- Develop team processes and systems to improve the productivity and growth of the business.
- Provide regular performance feedback as well as deliver timely performance evaluations.
- Develop subordinates’ technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Gain the respect and confidence of the partners through clear and concise team direction.
Personal and Professional Development:
- Earn confidence, trust and respect from clients and colleagues.
- Continue developing Sales Tax knowledge and expertise.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit, and consulting services provided by the firm. Link this understanding to potential client needs.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity, and independent thinking.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff.
- Identify and pursue outside business contacts through social, charitable, and business organizations. Become an active participant in these networking channels.
- Pursue professional development through public speaking, seminar delivery, and the writing of articles.
- Actively participate in Cherry Bekaert’s internal development and external programs, as appropriate, including staff training courses.
|Salary||USD 100000 To USD 120000 Per Year|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Business Degree|
What You Bring To The Role:
- Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s business degree; CPA or CMI is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive State and Local Tax compliance experience in a Big 4, large regional public accounting firm, or industry with multi-state responsibility.
- Experience with Vertex.
- Proven competence with MS Office, particularly Excel. Experience with Alteryx is a plus.
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- A collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work