Desirable hospitality hours, working no evenings or weekends! All locations are accessible by public transport and a driving license is not essential for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our department at a pivotal time as we expand across more locations within the city.
You will support the Regional Catering & Hospitality Supervisor, Group Catering & Hospitality Operations Manager, and wider FM team, to drive and maintain operational standards for the catering and hospitality services throughout the boohoo group to a very high standard.
You will display exceptional barista skills, be competent in basic food preparation and be passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
Your all-around experience will be key in maintaining exemplary catering & hospitality facilities across the business which enhances the customer/client experience; maintaining guidelines of cleanliness and presentation, in addition to your pro-active attitude and the ability to work under pressure during peak service.
You will demonstrate a duty of care by working within the Health and Safety and Food Safety Act 1990 and subsequent regulations and following any instructions on hygiene given by your Manager.
|Post Name||Catering and Hospitality Assistant|
|Company Name||Boohoo Group PLC|
|Expected Salary||AUD 26 To AUD 30 Per Hour|
|Address||London, England, United Kingdom EC1A|
We have big ambitions, huge potential, and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
What we do today in Facilities shapes the Group of tomorrow. We search for sites, negotiate rents, procure, design, and fit out spaces.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Will clean and tidy all areas in order to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment.
- Carry out basic food production, from receiving goods, storing goods, preparing salads, sandwiches, and breakfast pots, washing food produce, chopping, packaging, and labeling.
- Will prepare hand-crafted barista coffees efficiently and to spec. Training will be provided but the experience is necessary.
- Respond to customer comments, pass on suggestions and refer complaints immediately in order to resolve matters without delay.
- Will ensure that all till operation, buffet tabs, and transactions are carried out accurately.
- Prioritizing checklists and the recording of food temperatures, ensuring are completed in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Will follow our food management system recipe specifications and comply with Natasha’s law and ‘Kcal in the out of home sector’ regulations at all times, ensuring accurate labels and information is available and maintaining excellent presentation, portion control, and quality at all times.
- Ensuring all pots, pans, plates, and cutlery are washed effectively and returned to their place promptly and thoroughly in an organized fashion that will free up storage space.
- Checking in deliveries, monitoring the incoming of goods is correct and that there has been no damage on delivery.
- Storing all goods away in their place in a safe manner with labels on view at all times. Taking care to put away any frozen goods efficiently.
- Breaking down all cardboard and disposing of it into the paper recycling bins as designated
- All general waste is to be disposed of periodically throughout the day and removed at frequent intervals into the designated bins by yourself or communicated with our cleaners for support.
- Following your cleaning schedule ensure all walls, sides, floors, and appliances are washed and disinfected following our ‘effective cleaning’ guidelines.
- Demonstrate duty of care by working within the health and safety and food safety act 1990 and subsequent regulations and follow any instructions on hygiene given by your manager
- Ensure all practice complies with the new FSA allergen regulations ‘FIR 2013’
- Will manage and prioritize your own time effectively and efficiently to complete the extensive range of duties assigned.
- To maintain stock levels of consumables, beverages, and snacks, communicate at all times with your supervisor if stock levels are below optimum or products aren’t selling
- To put the customer first at all times and to identify customer needs promptly and accurately. To provide advice, present the products, and promote all services to boohoo group staff.
- To offer related sales and services in order that the customer is fully aware of the range and to increase the sale value.
- To meet customer requirements accurately thus avoiding unnecessary loss.
- To communicate clearly, ensuring customer requests are met and ensuring that their order is processed as promptly as reasonably possible.
- Stock and replenish counters and service points as necessary and ensure all goods are rotated according to date and labeled correctly.
- To be prepared to learn about our products and services. Training will be given but seeking information, and developing skills and knowledge must be self-driven.
- Be aware and vigilant and immediately report any security or Health & Safety issues to Management. Communicate any work-related issues to other staff and suggest how the counter layout, presentation of foodstuffs, and retail products may be enhanced to maximize sales.
- To deal with stock deliveries and unpack and store foodstuffs accurately. Record food temperatures and clean and clear work areas. Respond to the needs of the workplace as and when required.
- Be flexible to cover occasional events, busier periods, and times of absence.
Health & Safety:
- Fully understands the fire, emergency, and health & safety procedures of the workplace
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are taken care of immediately and reported appropriately.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner, within the framework of legislation and workplace-specific policies.
- Ensures the correct chemicals are used for each task along with the correct materials and PPE, displaying a duty of care to yourself and others around you. *Training in COSHH will be provided.
- Has a good understanding of Natasha’s law, allergens, and kcal regulations and ensures all labeling is accurate and in place ready for service.
- Clean and tidy all areas in order to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile.
We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative, and one team.
More About You
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
- To be agile and prioritize as necessary to meet the demands of the business
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
- (support will be given, but developing skills and knowledge must be self-driven)
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next Level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work