Jobs in UK for Foreigners, Jobs in the UK for Foreigners, Amazon Jobs UK, We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Accounting organization and become a major contributor to our Accounting team.
As a key member of the UK and Global Accounting team, this individual will be based in London. A successful candidate in this position will have demonstrable experience with financial reporting and internal control-related responsibilities.
The role has responsibility for the controllership and accounting function in support of the UK operations. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with the involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, the individual will drive cross-border projects and develop best practices in processes and controllership on an international level. They will also drive the implementation of policies with the financial leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations.
Candidates for this position will have held supervisory or management positions in companies with less than one billion in annual revenues will have worked for a big four public accounting firm at the manager level with Fortune 500 clients or equivalent, or have worked in a large public company as a manager. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
|Post Name||Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting|
|Expected Salary||GBP 58000 To GBP 60000 Per Year|
|Address||London, England, United Kingdom EC1A 2FD|
Scope / key responsibilities:
Supporting the Global Accounting function, this position has a mix of operational and project-based new business accounting responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Representing the Accounting team
- Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders.
- Leading financial statement reviews
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Direct responsibility for improving accounting processes and controls for a company with a high volume of transactions.
- Leading certain month-end close activities, ensuring that relevant deadlines are met, and looking for ways to continuously improve this process.
- Actively participated in cross-functional project launches from scoping through to testing and launch.
- Responsibility for actively engaging with a variety of Stakeholders within the business, including the technology and administrative team on business integration projects.
- BA/BS required
- ACCA, ACA, and CIMA or similar credentials
- Relevant accounting experience (public accounting /industry mix preferred)
- Exposure to operational accounting concepts of inventory, procurement, payables, receivables, and revenue
- Demonstrated ability to participate in milestone-driven projects
- A strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
The ideal candidates will be experienced, talented finance or accounting professionals who are passionate and excited about accounting and reporting and have experience with the details of a monthly close cycle, periodic financial reporting, and related analytical analysis.
Traits we are looking for in a candidate are a strong desire to exceed expectations, effective interpersonal skills; including persuasive written and oral communication, solid organizational skills, ability to assess and manage risk, and willingness to get into the details whilst also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Worked in a fast-paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Is naturally a very organizational individual
- Has an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exposure to researching accounting conclusions, documenting support for conclusions reached
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
Interview Questions for Senior Financial Analyst:
- Tell me about your experience working closely with stakeholders.
- Please describe your experience with budget planning.
- How much supervision are you comfortable with?
- What do you like the most about this field? The least?
- What motivates you to do great work?
- Tell me about a time you helped an organization avoid a bad investment/financial decision.
- How has your previous experience prepared you for this role?
- What does great communication look like in this role?
- What do you think would be a great opportunity for our business, based on what you know about us and the industry?
- Tell me about a time you provided financial advice to business partners/a team that resulted in a negative outcome. What did you learn from this experience?
- Why should we hire you?
- This role requires business acumen and strategic thinking. Can you provide some examples that show how you’ve exhibited these abilities?