Full Time Jobs in Toronto Hiring Now
Jobs In Toronto For Hispanics, To add to our cleaning crew, we are seeking to hire a housekeeper. Cleaning the rooms and communal areas, getting rid of the trash, making the beds, and alerting maintenance to any problems are all your responsibility. You must have a keen eye for cleanliness and be able to lift 25 pounds.
Cleaning must be done, and any safety risks must be reported to the homeowner or manager in control. They have to perform things like sweep, vacuum, empty trash cans, dust bookshelves, wash windows, and mop floors. Some housekeepers do laundry, light ironing, dishwashing, and linen changes.
|Post Name||Housekeeping Staff|
|Company Name||MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership)|
|Expected Salary||CAD 18 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M5J 2L2|
Responsibility for Direct Hiring Housekeeping in Canada:
As a valuable member of the Guest Services-Housekeeping team, you are responsible for the delivery of the championship services team. Under the direction of the Supervisor, you help to ensure that Scotiabank Arena’s high level of cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Perform a variety of housekeeping tasks along with special projects and heavy-duty cleaning to ensure the cleanliness of the Scotiabank Arena.
- Work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment responding to calls for spills, maintaining washrooms, emptying garbage, etc. during the events.
- Efficiently clean washrooms, suites, offices, and public areas meeting MLSE standards.
- Cleaning that will involve exposure to cleaning chemical solutions, hazardous materials, and bodily fluids
- Communicates positively and professionally with our fans, internal teams, and co-workers
- Work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast-paced, noisy, and crowded environment
- Report building and equipment maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Work inside or outside the exterior of the Scotiabank Arena.
- Adhere to MLSE service standards and policies including Health & Safety.
- Perform all other duties as the need arises.
Qualifications for Jobs in Toronto Full Time:
- Must be available for overnights, weekends, weekdays, and holiday shifts as required
- 1- 2 years of housekeeping/cleaning experience in a commercial environment (hotels, schools, hospitals, etc.) preferred
- Ability to perform repetitive activities such as lifting (up to 50lbs), reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, walking, answering radio calls
- Follow oral and written instructions, and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Previous experience with floor care machines and general cleaning equipment is an asset
- Ability to work independently or within a group without direct supervision
- Excellent attendance, attention to detail, punctuality, and work record required
- Willingness to be an integral part of an organization possessing a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs from floor to waist, stand for up to 8 hours and climb stairs as required
- Full-time hours are available during the guarantee period as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Outside of the Guarantee Period, hours and assignments may vary
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada’s preeminent leader in delivering top-quality sports and entertainment experiences and one of North America’s leading providers of exceptional fan experiences.
We are the parent company of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts, and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre.
We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub, and Platinum Club).
Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose – to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Interview Question for Housekeeper:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your interests outside of work?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- Why are you interested in housekeeping?
- How did you get into this career?
- What is your favorite housekeeping task?
- What is your least favorite housekeeping task?
- What is the most rewarding part of housekeeping?
- What aspects of housekeeping could you improve on?
- Are you aware of how to ergonomically perform housekeeping duties?
- What does a good work environment look like to you?
- What challenges have you experienced as a housekeeper?
- What is one of your greatest accomplishments as a housekeeper?
- What responsibilities and tasks did you have in your previous job?
- How familiar are you with OSHA regulations?
- Explain how you maintain a safe work environment.
- Have you ever been asked to do a task outside of your job description? How did you handle this situation?
- Explain your cleaning process.
- Do you have experience cleaning after large events?
- How do you delegate large tasks with colleagues?
- What would you do in a situation where a client is unsatisfied with your work?
- Tell me what you would do if you saw a colleague acting inappropriately at work.
- What strategies do you use to stay organized?
- Why are you a qualified housekeeper?
- What was the most challenging housekeeping task you have completed?
- What experience do you have cleaning interiors?
- What experience do you have with cleaning exteriors?
- How do you stay positive and motivated during especially challenging tasks?