Export Team Leader
|Post Name||Export Team Leader|
|Company Name||World Courier|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Hoofddorp, North Holland, Netherlands 1019 MD|
|Min. Salary||EUR 65000|
|Max. Salary||EUR 70000 Per Year|
The role of the Export Team Leader is to ensure the overall smooth running of the Operations department daily. It will involve the supervision and coordination of all Operations related activities.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the daily running of the Operations department i.e. to ensure that personnel are working to their full potential, that work is evenly distributed among staff, and to ensure the equipment is being utilized correctly
- To ensure that customers are receiving the highest level of customer service from our Vendors.
- Observe and evaluate workers’ & vendors’ performance and offer assistance where required in Operations departments.
- Ensure staff & Vendors are up to date on all aspects of their roles and are fully trained in their disciplines. All new guidelines and technologies are to be immediately implemented.
- Keep staff & vendors regularly informed of any new operational issues which may impact their role
- Identifying, Sourcing, and Onboarding new vendors.
- Assessment of current vendors, reviewing performance levels, new lane assessment, and negotiating costs down where possible
- Support Global initiatives such as Nova/TMS & Jetstream and ensure they are implemented
- Assist in contingency planning and identify future issues, e.g. Storms, Pandemic planning, etc.
- To Identify areas in the Operations department where change may be required and implement the change if appropriate.
- Conduct regular meetings to discuss the running of the Exports departments i.e. how people are doing, identify areas of weakness, and what can be improved upon. Also, comment people on their achievements if appropriate
- To plan, prepare and devise shift schedules & ensure the department is always adequately covered.
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to follow procedures & instructions
- Able to take on projects at the request of management
- Able to provide relevant information on request
- Good communication skills – verbal & written
Personal Attributes and Disposition
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to multitask
- Self-motivation and ability to work well under pressure
- Remains Calm under pressure
- Flexible attitude – for working shifts and last-minute coverage
- High attention to detail
- Uses own initiative
- Able to prioritize workload
- Friendly & polite
- Strong attention to detail
- Dependable, reliable, and trustworthy
Experience And Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of airfreight experience and/or formal qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience in temperature control management
- Must have strong knowledge of World Courier operating systems.
- Must have experience and knowledge of live animals handling
- Must have strong experience and knowledge of handling IATA DG, ADR, Air Cargo Security, GDP, and AEO).
- Must have strong experience and knowledge of Export / Operational tasks.
- Must have experience managing relationships with key vendors.
- Must be available to provide an on-call service out of hours in case of emergencies.
- Must be flexible with working hours, shift rotation is a requirement.