|Post Name||Data Specialist|
|Company Name||Priogen Energy|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands 1102|
|Min. Salary||EUR 60000|
|Max. Salary||EUR 65000 per Year|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Information|
Priogen is a trading and portfolio optimization company, based in Amsterdam. We are members of EPEX and EEX. Our focus is trading across the curve, with an emphasis on short-term power trading and optimization.
We are accelerating the energy transition as the core of our business model is the combination of exceptional fundamental analysis (weather data, consumption data, fuel prices, etc.) and an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Data Specialist will be working in the Trade Operations team. You will be responsible for the data integrity and data structure, which form the foundation of our trading forecasting.
This will require you to
- Critically analyze our data sources, and research and evaluate new potential sources
- Be responsible for a smooth data flow, data capturing, and data structuring
- Constantly follow data changes and communicate these immediately to the team on the trading floor as time is critical in this environment
- Ensure a high standard of data quality by regularly running SQL queries for example
- Adjust the programming codes of our forecasting and trading tools, spot potential coding flaws, and quickly re-code/resolve these
- Closely collaborate with our multidisciplinary team of developers, traders, researchers, and analysts
- Independently work on analytical research projects arising from our trading activities
- Take initiative and make recommendations to further improve data content and data validity
- University Degree in a scientific or economic field (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Experience with data structuring, processing, and qualifying
- Sound programming skills: Java and SQL queries are a must, familiarity with VBA, Python, and/or R is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Fluent in English
- Able to quickly learn about the processes within our company
- Interest or even experience in a Trading environment
- Avid problem solver who is able to quickly get to the bottom of a problem and analyze the cause-effect relation
- Disciplined, accurate, and precise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and hands-on multitasker
- Proactive team player
What’s in it for you?
- A true career! We hire to retain you and want you to grow and become a superstar at Priogen.
- Colleagues who care! We have a very energetic and collaborative team.
- Interesting and challenging work! We offer roles with broad responsibilities and diverse tasks.
- Performance coaching and training aimed at strong personal development and career growth.
- Excellent benefits! Pension plan, commuting allowance, fitness discount, fresh fruit, juice, and soda daily, social events, and more.