Jobs in Mexico – Work From Home
- Post Name: Global Supply Manager, Stamping MX Temp
- Company Name: Tesla
- Industry: Private
- Employment type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Address: Work From Home
- Expected Salary: MXN 100000 To MXN 119000 Per Month
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Business
What to Expect:
- Jobs In Mexico 2022/2023 Apply Now!, We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Global Supply Manager to support our development teams and contract manufacturing partners in the sourcing of Direct Supply Chain components and parts.
- These could include specific parts related to one of our four automobiles (Model S, Model X Model 3¸ and/or Model Y), Tesla Energy, Batteries, and/or any other components intrinsic to the successful running of the organization.
- This role will report to our Supply Chain Group Manager and in parallel be an active sourcing resource supporting our various Engineering groups within Tesla.
What You’ll Do:
- Owner of RFQs – ensuring all commercial terms are agreed upon and documented. Ensures Non-Disclosure Agreements, General Terms & Conditions, Piece Price Agreements, and other related contracts are negotiated and appropriately before the business is initiated.
- Drive piece price and tooling negotiation process to ensure that Tesla’s commodity pricing met Best-In-Class expectations, while meeting Supplier Industrialization standards of Best-In-Class quality, in addition to driving continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad-hoc price negotiations.
- Address all areas of category management including category business plans, market conditions, technology roadmaps, cost modeling, and sourcing strategies.
- Monitor global industry trends, track technology roadmaps, and actively partner with the Design teams to identify/mitigate supply and demand challenges.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution, supplier scorecards, and periodic business reviews.
- Participate in design reviews, change control meetings, and other technical discussions with Engineering partners
- Participate in Design for Manufacturability reviews with Engineering partners and prospective suppliers, and drive decisions from a cost perspective
- Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications as well as basic knowledge of manufacturing process controls and quality assurance for their commodity space
- Comfortable communicating with technical stakeholders both internally and externally
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage project timelines including developing and maintaining action trackers, Gantt charts, and other program management tools related to on-time delivery of supplier parts against Program timing
- Communicate key supply, cost, and/or quality issues with management teams. Develop corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams and influence timely decisions with key stakeholders to support our mission
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain management, or commodity management associated with metal stamping.
- Technical & commercial understanding of tooling and manufacturing processes on metal forming.
- Experience with mechanical engineering concepts related to the commodity and ability to generate bottom-up should cost based on the understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Proficient knowledge of technical requirements & design of the product and the ability to influence cross-functional partners with detailed analysis that supports optimized pricing and product sourcing decisions.
- Excellent negotiator
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Analytical with the ability to build out Should-Cost models and cost forecasts
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical engineering concepts related to the commodity and ability to generate bottom-up should cost based on the understanding of the manufacturing process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s degree in related areas, a plus.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need accommodation at any point during the interview process.