Jobs in Maryland Without Papers
Jobs in Maryland Without Papers, We are looking for an efficient, courteous cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills.
The cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information about customers’ products, promotions, or item locations. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing our customers with accurate, friendly, and efficient checkout service; to accurately scan, price, and bag products; to collect a proper payment, and to provide proper change if necessary.
|Post Name||ShopRite – Cashier|
|Expected Salary||USD 13 To USD 15 Per Hour|
|Address||Aberdeen, MD, United States 21001|
Minimum Required Qualifications for High Paying Jobs in Maryland Without a Degree:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried, and/or processed products, spices, and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions Jobs in Maryland for Foreigners:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils, and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep the floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State, and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Front-End operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards, and all Local, State, and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Understand the operation of the cash register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Accurately identify and scan products under the correct department (when necessary).
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weighs 25 lbs. and that occasionally weighs up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices, and be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Process all forms of payments (i.e., cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, Rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc) in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Properly bag customers’ orders safely and efficiently.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell-by date.
- Recognize and be knowledgeable about various types of products carried in the store, including produce items.
- Stand at register station for the duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front-End operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by the department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform.
The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Interview Question for Cashier:
- Why Are You Interested In This Role?
- What Are The Roles Of A Cashier?
- What Are The Qualities That A Cashier Needs To Be Effective?
- What Significant Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role, And How Did You Handle It?
- Describe Your Daily Routine As A Cashier?
- Briefly Describe Your Experience.
- What Kind Of Strategies And Mindset Is Required For This Role?
- What Is The Biggest Challenge That You Foresee In This Role?
- How Do You Stay Motivated At Work?
- Describe A Time When You Failed In This Role And The Lesson You Learnt
- Tell Us About A Time When You Went Above And Beyond To Help A Customer?
- How Do You Deal With Stress?
- How Will You Ensure Both Accuracy And Speed?
- Describe When You Used Your Communication To Resolve A Conflict
- What Do You Believe When Handling Cash And Charge Cards?
- Can You Comfortably Check Ids For Alcohol And Tobacco?
- How Flexible Is Your Schedule?
- What Does Customer Service Mean To You?
- How Are You With Handling Money?
- Do You Prefer Working Alone Or With A Team?