Now Hiring Jobs, Employment in Houston, TX
As a Dishwasher, you will impact the lives of Residents through various kitchen cleaning and storage activities including, but not limited to such tasks as washing pots and dishes, general cleaning duties, and storing food and non-food supplies.
The dishwasher’s duties include removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, washing them thoroughly, and resetting tables in preparation for the next party. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
To be successful as a dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
|Post Name||Dishwasher – Part Time|
|Expected Salary||USD 13 To USD 15 Per Hour|
|Address||Houston, TX, United States 77004|
What You’ll Do for Without Papers Jobs, Employment in Houston, TX:
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through the accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Set up, break down and maintain the dish room and pot washing area.
- Set up, break down, and clean floor safety mats.
- Clean all pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glassware, and utensils, including washing, drying, and storing.
- Clean and sanitize all carts.
- Clean production equipment and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Mops and sweeps the kitchen, dry storeroom, and walk-in coolers to be free of debris.
- Take out trash on an ongoing basis.
- Keep log sheets for the dish machine and 3-compartment sink.
- Assist in receiving and storing groceries, frozen foods, produce, etc.; date and rotate canned goods as directed.
- Detect, correct and report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Participate in training programs and learn to utilize all pieces of equipment in the food service department, including proper methods of cleaning.
- Maintain sanitary conditions; clean work area to keep clean, orderly, and safe.
- Assist with proper orientation and training of food service employees so that they may perform their job duties in a manner that conveys Parkway Place hospitality and service standards.
- Maintain or exceed Parkway Place standards of appearance and cleanliness; maintain personal sanitation, hygiene, and health standards.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team for No Papers Jobs, Employment in Houston, TX:
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires proficient ability to read, write and understand both business documents that are written in English and verbal instructions given in English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers; ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires ability to move food serving and preparation equipment as needed.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment, and/or machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Requires ability to stoop, turn, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, handle, stand and walk over 75% of the shift.
- Requires ability to safely utilize kitchen equipment; recognizes differences in sound generated by each piece of equipment or machinery which may indicate operation problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision while performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration of residents in the vicinity and ability to work and cooperate with other employees.
- Requires ability to learn basic food serving, cleanliness, and sanitation requirements.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work that have an infectious disease or skin lesions for the duration of the communicability.
- Ability to comply with patient rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now or in the future.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
Job Perks for Dishwasher Jobs, Employment in Houston, TX:
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.