Cashier Jobs in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Jobs in Chennai for Cashier, As the Accounts Assistant and Cashier, you will be responsible for tracking and recording all day-to-day working transactions of the company, handling the movement of monies, and supporting the Accounts manager for adherence to all statutory compliances, supplier/vendor payments, and receivables.
You will be working under the direct control of an Accounts Manager and further report to the Executive Director & the Managing Director. During the initial training period, you’d be assessed for your expertise/strengths in the following areas and a suitable path will be designed for you going forward.
|Post Name||Accounts Executive / Cashier|
|Company Name||Sree Subhiksha Housing and Enterprises P Ltd|
|Salary||INR 15000 To INR 25000 Per Month|
|Address||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India 600026|
We build homes the way you want because we keep a very simple truth in mind-eventually you are going to live in it. This is going to be the place where you raise your family and your future generations. So, we make it a point to look ahead in time, anticipate your needs and build a home that suits your present and future demands.
SUBHIKSHA gives you hassle-free acquisition of your dream apartment in the city of Chennai (formerly Madras), in locations that are most comfortable for you at sustainable and justifiable prices. We strive to become one of the most reputed and trusted names in the property development sector in Chennai Metropolis.
The general scope of responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of cash, bank, journal, purchase, contra, and sales.
- Daily cash handling and end-of-business day reporting.
- Interact with internal and external clients relating to out-standings, credit/debit notes, deductions, etc.
- Supporting the accounts manager in properly maintaining the books of accounts.
- Ensuring thorough statutory compliance by making timely payments of deducted and collected taxes viz Goods and Services Tax (GST), ESIC, Income Tax, and following up with other provisions.
- Supporting the Accounts manager in preparation of monthly payroll.
- Work in the capacity of a Cashier on daily basis including reconciliation of cheques/cash deposits and cash withdrawals from the bank.
- Coordinate with all banks for matters related to company bank accounts and also Director’s personal bank accounts.
- Collection of Cash/cheques from Customers and depositing to the bank by end of the day.
- Preparation of appropriate receipts and advice for payments received/made.
- Keeping a close watch on monthly lease/rental payments due from tenants / timely deposit of PDCs in the banks and sending receipts to tenants on the realization of cheques.
- Preparation of various statements including reconciliation statements, monthly property expenses/income/revenue statements, payables/receivables etc.
- Responsible for utility bill payments for all project sites (Electricity, Property tax, water tax etc), administrative expenses for office, etc.
- Handling disbursement of weekly subcontractor and labor payments.
- Coordinating with Engineering/Projects department in forecasting payment outgo.
- Taking care of IMPS/NEFT/RTGS requirements whenever they arise.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
Essential Qualities for this Position:
- Companies may be judged by the appearance of their staff. You are expected to work in a neat, punctual, and orderly manner and must present yourself professionally.
- Subhiksha’s highlight is “Value for money”. It doesn’t matter if you are handling Rs.100 or Rs.10,00,000 – money (whether it is customers or companies) must be treated with respect and professionalism.
- You may be given direct access to the cash, and hence you must exhibit qualities to prove that you are trustworthy to do this job. Even a small breach of trust might tarnish your reputation beyond repair.
- You need to be a well-aware and alert person at all times. You must be proactive to analyze statements/cash flows/payables and be shrewd enough to discuss any potential issues before they even arise.
- Transactions, especially in Real estate/ Construction, are often complex and complicated due to customers changing their minds mid-transaction, asking for several transactions in a row or deciding to use more than one payment method, contractors claiming payments for multiple work orders all at once, suppliers placing payment receipts etc for which you may have to coordinate with different people within the office.
- Only if you exhibit the ability to handle pressure and be a team player, you will be able to prove yourself successful in this job.
- You must be PUNCTUAL, DETAIL ORIENTED, and SMART.
- Equal preference will be given to men and women as long as you exhibit the qualities mentioned above.