Preschool Teacher Jobs in Canada
Jobs in Canada, Preschool Teaching Jobs In Canada, Trellis Society is committed to active Reconciliation in alignment with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) 94 calls to action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP). Reconciliation is a highly valued and integrated part of our culture and work.
Trellis’ Reconciliation journey is intentional with meaningful engagement from all team members both collectively and as individuals. Trellis Society is focused on the future to provide a continuum of services to people from all backgrounds, including those with complex needs.
Trellis meets people where they are in their journeys, whether they’re growing up strong, aspiring to achieve life goals, or turning over a new leaf. With our support, people from all walks of life are empowered to reach their potential and move beyond systemic barriers and cultivate great outcomes.
Our programs focus on improving access to resources, developing family and community support, and building people’s capacity to deal with life’s challenges. At Trellis we work with children, youth, adults, families, and communities to unearth their potential and support their growth.
|Post Name||Preschool Teacher|
|Company Name||Trellis Society|
|Expected Salary||CAD 20 to CAD 22 Per Hour|
|Address||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T1X 1R1|
We characterize what our identity is through experiencing our qualities to accomplish our vision to help everybody arrive at their maximum capacity:
- Courage: we willingly embrace growth, and don’t see it as optional.
- Empathy: we relentlessly care about the growth of others and won’t let anyone go unsupported.
- Learning: we choose to grow through uncertainty, even when the status quo feels easier.
- Impact: we go beyond what seems doable and prove that growth is possible.
The resonating effect we have on people and networks is thanks to our organization of enthusiastic, receptive, and devoted staff who are focused on the work they do consistently. We are searching for individuals who are anxious to have an effect while proceeding to develop their aptitude.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for children and youth and encourage them to express their feeling, needs, and desires.
- Set up and plan for a play-based program offering a variety of developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children aged 3-5 years.
- Develop plans to meet the specific needs of individual children when necessary.
- Identify developmental delays, make recommendations for screening, and ensure administration of developmental tools and assessments.
- Suggest developmentally appropriate activities for parents and children to engage in at home.
- Model constructive behavior management techniques and positive parenting strategies.
- Model good communication skills and healthy problem-solving strategies.
- Implement early literacy activities – including parents whenever possible.
- Involve parents in various aspects of the program as volunteers.
- Liaison with program support about the processing of applications for subsidy/fee payment and supporting parents with the process.
- Facilitate parent-teacher interviews a minimum of twice a school year.
- Ensure parents and guardians are kept well informed with programming, snacks, program events, incidents, and other relevant information.
- Keep comprehensive records and complete monthly program updates.
- Understand and ensure that preschool meets and maintains Alberta Child Care Licensing Regulations and Trellis Policies.
- Work in partnership with other agencies whenever necessary.
- Build relationships with local schools and agencies to raise awareness of the program and assist with referrals and transition to kindergarten.
- Attend all required pieces of training, and acquire and maintain certifications as directed by your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor of Education|
- Bachelor of Education or Early Childhood Diploma
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with preschool/kindergarten-aged children and their families
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience
- Certification as a Child Development Supervisor (formerly level 3)
- Current Standard First Aid/Basic Rescue CPR certificate.
- Must have solid interpersonal, communication, and public relations skills.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Must have strong planning, organizing, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Able to provide a clear Criminal Record check and clear Child Welfare Intervention Check.
What Trellis Offers:
We provide people with meaningful work and are committed to offering equitable total compensation to all staff. This includes the following benefits:
- Flexible Health & Wellness Benefits.
- Free and confidential support through the Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Vacation, Sick Days, and Wellness Days.
- Consistent Training & Development Opportunities.
- Diversity and Inclusion are embedded into everyday practice.
- A safety-focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and connectedness, where everyone is welcomed. We believe in creating a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our teams, and our program participants and reflects the communities we serve.
We are committed to a safe work environment, employment with Trellis is conditional on proof of full vaccination status unless a medical or human rights exemption is granted.
We grew from a dream to create one organization with countless ways to help. In 2020 this dream became a reality when Aspen Family & Community Network Society and Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary joined forces to create Trellis.
At Trellis we work with children, youth, and families to unearth their potential and support their growth. Our programs focus on improving access to resources, developing family and community support, and building people’s capacity to deal with life’s challenges.