12th Pass Indian Jobs in Vancouver Canada
Jobs in Canada for 12th Pass Indian, Exuding sleek sophistication and full of Zen-like energy, Shangri-La Vancouver is your urban sanctuary nestled between the mountains and the sea and located within the core of a vibrant metropolis. Occupying 15 floors of the tallest building in Vancouver, the hotel sits at the heart of the city’s most popular downtown areas.
With a lustrous balance of tranquil surroundings coupled with inspirational design, Shangri-La Vancouver hosts people to the colorful joys of life.
Shangri-La Vancouver has been awarded the Forbes Five-Star designation and the AAA Five Diamond honor; one of only four hotels in Canada to hold both acclaimed ratings.
Inspired by our Asian heritage, we obsess over the guest experience and seek to deliver hospitality from the heart. Our Colleagues are our unique strength. We seek to hire and develop charismatic, dedicated, and passionate individuals to make their dream career, a reality.
|Post Name||Front Desk Agent|
|Company Name||Shangri-La Hotels|
|Expected Salary||CAD 17 to CAD 19 Per Hour|
|Address||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6E 0A8|
Responsibility for Jobs in Vancouver for Indians:
- Perform duties either at the main reception desk or from inside our Service Centre, handling guest inquiries and requests.
- Our Front Desk Agents also are cross-trained to provide support and shift coverage as concierges for our guests and residents.
- At the hotel main switchboard, answer and transfer calls, take in-room dining orders, monitor service times, monitor the hotel emergency lines, defect reporting, and act as the overall communication hub for the hotel.
- Communicate with all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office, and Engineering, ensuring our guests are well taken care of.
- Ensure all external and internal guest/colleague inquiries and concerns are answered promptly and professionally either by telephone or the radio system.
- Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow-up according to the hotel’s standards.
- Process and distribute all guest messages, guest wake-up calls, and all incoming faxes.
- Assist guests with dining reservations, attraction inquiries, and all other guest activities as required.
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel and facilities.
- Provide professional guest service with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Accurately complete all special billing requests.
- Responsible for registering guests, establishing a method of payment, assigning a guest room, and welcoming the guest to our hotel.
- Processing all guest departures presenting a folio of charges to departing guests and receiving payment.
- Update and monitor room status changes in partnership with Housekeeping.
- Drive rate through up-selling of room types.
- Settle guest accounts accurately while ensuring all service standards are followed.
- Provide customer service over the telephone and in person to all guests while adhering to luxury hotel service standards.
- Ensure all hotel reports, VIP guest profiles, and other guest requests are prepared prior to guest arrival.
- Ensures compliance to all hotel policies, standards, and core practices.
- Assist in the handling of guest complaints and ensure that proper follow-up takes place.
- Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||12th Pass|
Skills for Canadian Jobs for Indians 12th Pass:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within another luxury or upscale hotel brand is preferred.
- Previous experience with Micros, Opera, Microsoft Office, and Open Table software is an asset.
- Professional telephone etiquette and excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, focusing on guest needs, and remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, mornings, weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts, as required.
SHANGRI-LA VANCOUVER COLLEAGUE PRIVILEGES
…we enable people to live, work, play, eat, and rest well through the environments we create and the memorable experiences we deliver! Our Colleagues have access to the following:
- Adventure to 100+ Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts with Colleague Travel perks.
- Experience our renowned food & beverage with a special Colleague Discount.
- Pamper yourself with discounted wellness journeys and luxury products from CHI the Spa.
- Enjoy exclusive access to discounted theatre, cinema, and retailers through our partner programs!
- Indulge in specialty pricing on luxurious pillowtop beds and Linens through our partner programs.
- Connect your event leads or employee referrals and earn a special Colleague bonus!
- Connect with your fellow Colleagues in recognition events throughout the year, celebrating as a team.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through courses and learning workshops as part of the Shangri-La Academy.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through our education reimbursement program.
- Secure your vehicle conveniently with access to heavily discounted monthly paid parking.
- Eligible Colleagues receive a 25% discount on their monthly transit pass.
- Eligible Colleagues and their families participate in our benefits program, which includes comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits..
- Eligible Colleagues can build retirement savings with employer support contributions.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has been established in luxury since 1971, with locations in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Oceania, and Africa.
Sister brands include Traders Hotels, Kerry Hotels, and JEN Hotels. Further, the Shangri-La Group holds a diverse portfolio of commercial properties, residences, services, and clubs.
CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, which describes a unique place of personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. This is a luxurious sanctuary where holistic treatments based on time-honored methods shared by many Asian cultures bring total relaxation and a feeling of well-being.