Jobs in Australia for Foreigners with Free Visa Sponsorship 2022
Jobs in Australia for Foreigners with Free Visa Sponsorship 2022, The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People.
We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, celebration, initiation, and renewal and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity
The Doherty Institute is a world-class institute combining research, teaching, public health and reference laboratory services, diagnostic services, and clinical care for infectious diseases and immunity.
The Doherty Institute has a major focus on diseases that pose serious public and global health threats such as influenza, tuberculosis, HIV, viral hepatitis, Ebola, and drug-resistant bacteria. Doherty’s activities are multi-disciplinary and cross-sectoral, placing great emphasis on translational research and improving clinical outcomes.
About the Role
The Doherty Institute is seeking a Project Officer to provide project management support for capacity building and training and research programs across the Asia-Pacific region, relating to antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and pathogen genomics.
The Project Officer will be working on national and international programs led by the Doherty Institute including, but not limited to, the WHO Collaborating Centre for Antimicrobial Resistance and Centre for Pathogen Genomics activities, Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs, and the Trade-funded COMBAT-AMR program, and the UK Government-funded Fleming Fund to support capacity building and training for the prevention and surveillance of AMR, using a One Health approach.
|Post Name||University of Melbourne|
|Company Name||Project Officer (AMR)|
|Expected Salary||UOM 6 – AUD 89182 To AUD 96536 Per Year plus 17% super|
|Address||Parkville, Victoria, Australia 3010|
- Providing project management and coordination across multiple public health and global health antimicrobial resistance and laboratory capacity building and training programs
- Supporting the management of project work plan, budgeting, monitoring of progress and milestones, and contribution to project and financial reporting as required
- Working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to progress project activities
You are an experienced administration professional with the ability to support the development of project plans and timelines.
You will be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, and initiative, and work collaboratively within an internationally distributed team of multi-disciplinary partners.
You will be highly organized, communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals, and set priorities to assist in the completion and reporting of activities and budgets to external deadlines.
You will also have
- A tertiary qualification in public health, global health, or a related field
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and the ability to work with a high level of attention to detail in relation to the planning and implementation of project activities
- Demonstrated problem-solving/analytics skills
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative in the organization of group activities, workshops, and meetings
- A high level of proficiency in the use of standard application software such as the Microsoft Office suite
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental, and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging, and leave loading
- Free and subsidized health and well-being services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity.
First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities, and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume, and your responses against the first 2 selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.”