|Post Name||Specialist Teacher|
|Salary||AED 22000 To AED 25000 Per Month|
|Company Name||Aldar Education|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree|
Aldar Education is currently seeking a Specialist Teacher – Autism Resource Base to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. Due to planned current and future expansion we are looking to add to our Team supporting our network of schools.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To lead an Autism Resource Base in a mainstream Charter School for 10 students and 3 support staff with the aim of transitioning the students into a mainstream class over a period of 2 – 3 years.
- To deliver a specialized curriculum which is integrated with the appropriate therapies that allow the ARB (Autism resource Base) students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes and transition into the mainstream class.
- Roles and responsibilities include:
- Plan and design effect transition plans from specialist external provision into the ARB
- Collate the external reports held by the students and plan a suitable curriculum \
- Liaise with external therapists to plan the delivery of therapy for each student.
- Coordinate a Team Around the Child for each student
- Set up, resource and maintain the specialist classroom to facilitate the development and learning of the students in the ARB.
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to facilitate the inclusion of the students from the ARB into the main school
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working closely with parents to ensure that they are fully informed of their child’s progress and to facilitate the happiness and best academic outcomes for the students.
- Working cooperatively with the ARB support staff to support children’s development, progress and transition into the mainstream classroom.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Teaching and learning:
- Planning and understanding of how the mainstream Curriculum can be modified to allow access for the students in the ARB.
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater for the needs of the student in the ARB and facilitate their inclusion in the main school.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children both in line with school assessments and any additional assessments required specific to the ARB.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Coordinating and communicating with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and behaviour therapists.
- Plan and prepare for effective transition into the partner mainstream classroom by liaising effectively with the partner teaching team.
Assessment and data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of the students in the ARB class through the development of IEPs.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student development using the school assessment tracker and any additional assessment frameworks specific to the ARB.
- Using data provided by assessments and observations to influence further planning, provision and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings
- Plan, prepare for and hold annual review meetings for each student in the ARB.
Behaviour management and duties:
- Follow the school’s behaviour policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioural policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy and any strategies and responses specific to the ARB.
Wider Professional Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a specialist curriculum group, supporting planning, assessment, resources and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which will support the students from the ARB to be fully included in school life.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regards to students’ achievements and well-being using school systems/processes.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in SEN
- Certificate in the teaching of students with Autism (REACCH/ABA/SCERTS)
- Minimum 3 years working with Autistic students + 2 years general or SEN teaching experience, previous experience in working in or running a resource base is desirable.
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working with students who are the Autistic
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
What We Offer:
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centred, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.