You’re an original. So are we.
Jobs in Canada for Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship 2022, Urgent Jobs in Canada for Foreigners, We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path.
We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen®, and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
Assistant Store Manager is an integral part of the store management team by developing the store team and contributing to the successful implementation of strategies and operational excellence that ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction, and financial growth. Assumes responsibility for the store in the absence of the Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager.
|Post Name||Assistant Store manager – Yorkdale|
|Company Name||Levi Strauss & Co|
|Expected Salary||CAD 23 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Address||Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 2H1|
About the Role
- Demonstrates strong business acumen; understands organizational objectives and strategically prioritizes and budgets in partnership with Store Manager to align with company priorities and values
- Works with the Store Manager to develop and flex store business strategies, initiatives, and growth across all categories; communicates goals to the team, tracks store’s performance to meet or exceed established store and individual sales and performance goals daily
BUILD A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE CULTURE
- Lead and participate in the training process for new hires and current employees on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, service practices, loss prevention, store policy and programs, and other associate responsibilities.
- Support the Store Manager through the execution of all performance management tools, including annual performance review, to set expectations, coach, and contribute to an environment that encourages engagement, retention, and talent. Manage minor employee relation issues and deliver formal performance feedback in partnership with store management.
- Recruits and interviews for positions underneath the hierarchy and provide recommendations for new hires
OWN THE RESULT
- Understand and comply with all Levi’s® Stores policies, procedures, and programs
- Accountable for managing and holding others accountable for operational results in-store procedures, payroll management, cash handling, and inventory control
- Led merchandising team to execute store visual standards in accordance with the visual merchandising direction, resulting in timely and flawless product presentation and housekeeping standards.
- Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers, and securing facility
LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- Adopt and advocate for the new technology, policy, or program rolled out in the store.
- Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy, and create an environment that encourages engagement.
- Supervises store team in the absence of another member of management.
CONSUMER AT THE CORE
- Creates a high-energy, compelling store experience by engaging consumers and modeling appropriate service behaviors to other associates, supervising and providing consistent coaching on the sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of service and sales.
- Proactively resolve consumer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy and with consumer satisfaction in mind. Partner with store management on elevated consumer issues.
- Maintains interior and exterior upkeep of building with partnership from the corporate office; communicating needs to ensure esthetic and safety requirements are met
- Ensures required store tasks are completed timely and effectively by personally contributing and giving direction to other team members when necessary
|Education Required||High School Diploma or GED|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- Enjoy being busy and juggling multiple tasks, accomplishing multiple tasks in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- You are a collaborative role model exhibiting behaviors aligned with a company culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Is a self-starter with a growth mindset, enjoys learning new tools, and is adaptable to new initiatives
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, weekend, and holiday shifts
- Ability to perform all essential job functions and able to lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of the job the employee may be required to stand, walk, kneel, squat, crouch, bend, stoop, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, to type, reach overhead, and climb ladders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- 3+ years of progressive retail leadership experience and proven skills in supervising, coaching, and training; exhibits discretion, professional judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must have reliable transportation
- A high school diploma or GED preferred
Here’s a Small Snapshot
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health, or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered.
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.
We have established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Interview Questions for Assistant Store Managers:
1. How would you describe your management style?
This demonstrates the candidate’s leadership and people management abilities.
2. Can you provide an example of how you have dealt with an angry customer?
This reveals the candidate’s customer service experience and ability to effectively resolve customer concerns.
3. How would you motivate your sales team?
This illustrates the candidate’s methods for managing and encouraging a team.
4. What is your method for coordinating daily operations and delegating tasks?
This reveals the candidate’s organizational skills.
5. How do you handle work pressure and long hours?
This reveals the candidate’s ability to handle stress.