We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities, ensuring inbound and outbound activities of the warehouse are performed in the most efficient way while emphasizing the criteria of cargo release i.e FIFO, FEFO, etc.
You will implement production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits.
This includes documentation, escalation protocols, and putting mechanisms in place to ensure no pilferages or damages in the area of jurisdiction. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and increase the company’s overall market share.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Adherence to SOPs, SLAs, WI – Inbound and outbound cargo & any deviation on processes to be immediately flagged off to Warehouse Manager.
- Updates the metrics, inspects, monitors, and signs off while ensuring that the requirements are also cascaded down to the team.
- Supervises offloading, and loadings of trucks and appends signature for release.
- Inspects all new products – expiry dates, quality, and quantity before acceptance, stacking, and storage as per allocated slots within the warehouse
- Give suggestions for cost-saving and process-improvement initiatives
- Ensures prompt loading orders dispatch to maintain high truck turnaround times
- Ensure accurate receipt, storage, retrieval/picking, and timely dispatch of goods
- Adherence to safety, health & environment by conducting safety inspections of the warehouse.
- Monitor stock aging and ensure no expired products are in the warehouse. Escalate each stock that has a 2-month expiry in the warehouse for action by retail and sales teams.
- Ensures no damages and pilferage of stocks in the warehouse
- Daily accurate updating of loadings and document movement to ensure system update
- Investigate stock variances and provide a resolve
- Circulate daily updated reports of dispatch and receipts together with the appropriate system-generated documents to initiate the process
- Communicate all loadings done to clients via email
- Resolve minor client issues by phone or mail
- Ensure disciple among the team and initiate disciplinary action in the event of violations of labor laws and or company rules and regulations.
- Monitor stocks in the warehouse and also escalate high stocks or low stock trends
- Housekeeping of the warehouse as per company standards including the yard through Gemba walks and usage of cleaning logs to document and track.
- Work allocation, coaching, and mentoring of staff under his/ her supervision
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor; minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role in large-scale warehouse and distribution operations
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management, or business administration
- competitive pay and benefits
- dynamic work environment
- learning and development opportunities
If you fit the requirements and are interested to join us, APPLY TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.