- · To provide strategic and clinical leadership for the service and ensure effective management and support for clinical and non-clinical staff in the department
- · To ensure effective clinical governance arrangements are in place in the service
- · To work in partnership with the senior radiographer to ensure that the operational goals of the service are achieved
- To be accountable for the clinical, operational and financial performance of the department.
- a) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) or clinical support staff treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
- b) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
- c) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
- d) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery.
- e) To interpret and report on any X-ray films referred to him/her in respect of patients for whom the Hospital is obliged to provide such service.
- f) To conduct, interpret and report on any CT, MRI, and Ultrasound study referred to him/her in respect of patients for whom the Hospital is obliged to provide such service.
- g) To supervise and be responsible for the clinical work and keeping of records staff attached to his/her department in the hospital.
- h) To be responsible for the maintenance of appropriate liaison arrangements between his/her department in the hospital and the patients’ normal medical attendants.
- i) To provide lectures, as required, in the hospitals for student nurses and nurses in training.
- j) To collaborate with the Hospital Management, Director of Nursing, Medical and Surgical Staff of the hospitals in all matters appertaining to the general efficiency of the hospitals.
- k) To ensure that adequate supplies of such drugs, medicines, medical and surgical appliances as he/she considers necessary, will be available in his/her department of the hospitals, and to report to the Hospital arrangements for the custody of dangerous drugs, etc., which he/she considers to be unsatisfactory.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Radiology Consultant
- MBBS /MD from an accredited Nigerian or International University
- Fellow West African College of Surgeons (FWACS-Radiology)
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.