Montgomery is a family-run Global Exhibition Company with over 127 years of experience in running market-leading events. To this end, they are looking for a marketing executive who will lead the marketing department of Montgomery East Africa.
This role will encompass all marketing activities carried out by Montgomery Events East Africa and is vital to ensuring successful exhibitions are delivered. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication skills to interact with partners and internal teams. You should also be familiar with email and content software, as well as data analysis and reporting.
This is a highly innovative role with intense digital marketing, and content development across various social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have strong social media experience and the ability to maintain and engage a community.
You will oversee content writing and digital marketing by working closely with the Content & PR Manager, Sales Managers, Operations Manager, and Administrator across the Montgomery group. The incumbent will be reporting to the Portfolio Director.
What You Will Do
- You will be formulating marketing plans for all shows across the portfolios we have and any launches.
- You will be managing and overseeing registrations for exhibitions together with the marketing budget.
- You will be in charge of digital marketing for all their shows and also their online community to drive engagement.
- You will be sourcing content for each event weekly from their media partners to repost via their social and news feeds.
- You will be drafting the editorial calendar and producing editorial pieces to promote via their news feed and social media.
- You will be formulating and executing email campaigns together with liaising with exhibitors throughout the campaigns.
- You will be liaising with media partners and their in-house designers for artwork and advertisements.
- You will be updating the exhibition websites, managing the data, and generating reports.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience as a B2B marketer.
- You have knowledge of website content management systems and email systems.
- You are a confident individual with the ability to communicate clearly with clients.
- You have strong learning agility with the ability to adapt and change according to the pressures of a situation.
- You have basic design skills and can confidently use design platforms like Canva.
- You demonstrate high levels of critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and resilience.
- You enjoy working with teams and individuals collaboratively, proactively, and positively.
Nice To Have
- You have B2B marketing experience working in a start-up or high-growth organization.
- You have a passion for exhibitions and events.
- You love to express yourself in writing.
What is in it for you?
- An exciting growth opportunity to be at the forefront of the largest exhibition organizer in East Africa.
- An attractive compensation package.
- Medical health cover.
- Structured mentorship program.
- Dedication to people development that includes a learning budget.
- Thorough onboarding and 360 programs.
There’s much more we can say about Montgomery, the role, and what our client is looking for, so if you feel that you fit the initial criteria and are excited to join their team, click apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.