KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Research Technician – KAUST Solar Center
This is a full-time, fixed-term position with the possibility of extension at the Research Technician level, supporting the KAUST Solar Center’s research and technology development activities.
The position requires an engineering background (e.g., electrical engineering, chemical engineering or materials sciences) and hands-on experience with high-tech equipment in an R&D lab.
Professional experience in a technical/industrial environment around the solar cell and/or PV module manufacturing is a plus. The candidate should have a proven track record in planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting systematic research experiments independently.
- Support ongoing research projects around the manufacturing and testing of photovoltaic devices using common manufacturing and PV characterization techniques.
- Test lamination and encapsulation protocols for conventional and emerging PV technologies.
- Test lamination and encapsulation materials from internal and external collaborators using accelerated lifetime testing techniques.
- Characterize optical, electrical, and mechanical properties of polymer films (e.g., back sheets and encapsulants).
- Perform electrical characterization of single-cell devices and modules.
- Adequately collect, store, and maintain data sets
- Assist with analyzing and displaying data as well as compiling reports for internal and external collaborators
- Assist in maintaining effective safety protocols for keeping the clean room facilities safe.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, materials sciences or a related discipline with subsequent experience in an R&D lab or in a technical/industrial setting.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment, teamwork, and strong organizational skills.