Our Software Tester / Test Engineer Apprenticeship is an opportunity to develop tools that will underpin the technological transformation of our business. Our Apprentices are key to helping us connect with our customers and colleagues and give them a secure, reliable, and engaging experience.
Software Testers ensure that our software is fit for purpose, resilient and secure. You will work to identify any issues, gaps, glitches or missing elements so that our customers and colleagues have a seamless and trouble-free experience when using our products and applications. During your apprenticeship you will learn the fundamentals of test management best practices, how to use test automation tools and gain in depth knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development practices.
During your first 18-months you’ll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Level 4 Apprenticeship studies. As long as you’re curious and passionate about technology, then we can teach you the rest – you’ll have a structured training program and a support network to encourage you and help you develop.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary of £21,700 including paid Apprenticeship study time.
- A permanent role right from the outset.
- Support towards relevant professional qualifications and lots of other development opportunities.
- Flexible working and wellbeing support.
- A great support network to help you grow into your role.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Opportunities to get involved and give back to our local communities with paid volunteering time
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Discounts on all Aviva products.
- A discretionary annual performance-related bonus.
- Share Save scheme.
What do we look for?
New insights, perspectives, and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. This is why you don’t need to have studied IT to join us in Technology. We have Apprentices who have studied everything from Music to Maths to History, and they’re all equally brilliant. For these roles you’ll need to:
New insights, perspectives, and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. This is why you don’t need to have studied IT to join us in Technology. We have Apprentices who have studied everything from Music to Maths to History, and they’re all equally brilliant.
But for these roles you will need to:
- Have at least five GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at A*-C or 9-4 grade (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
- Have, or be on track to achieve, at least three A Levels (grades B, C, C or above) or four Scottish Highers (grades B,B,B,C or above) – or a Level 3 equivalent qualification.
- Have an understanding or experience of coding, whether that’s as a part of your studies or as an outside passion through self-learning.
- Be a force for change and improvement – whether it’s through your studies, your work experience or your outside interests, we’ll want to see how you’ve helped make things better.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.