The general task required of Relief Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi-disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
- Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
- Assist service users in accessing and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
- Liaise with other appropriate health professionals during service users illness or/at the end of life.
- Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
- Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure that service users’ clothing and effects are personalized and maintained to a high standard.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing service users’ nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
- Answer emergency bells, the door, and the telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and
- SSSC codes of conduct.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
- Ideally, you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
- As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
- This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
- This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards & criteria for registration.
Skills And Abilities
The post holder must possess basic computer literacy skills, including using Microsoft Office and the internet, for completing mandatory e-learning courses.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.