Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA)
We are looking for Physiotherapy Assistants (PTs) to provide one on one care in the community/home setting as part of our interdisciplinary care team.
This is a Part-time role and hours will be varied.
- Competitive salary, comprehensive health, and dental benefits.
- Employment perks such as Employee Assistance Program, Perkopolis, and Rewards Points.
- Flexible scheduling supporting employee work-life balance.
- Inspiring leadership and opportunities for professional growth.
- Supportive & dedicated Safety Health & Wellness team & Pandemic Response team.
- Interprofessional collaboration with our Professional Practice Research & Education Team.
- Professional treatment of patients in the community and in their homes.
- Delivers therapy within the Care Plan with respect to Community Health Services, independently or in cooperation with the Home and Community Care Support Services (ACCESS).
- Assists with gross motor, fine motor, and balance activities.
- Works with the patient on appropriate time-specific, measurable goals and outcomes in collaboration with the care team.
- Provides client/family education and support to address physical, functional and self-care needs as assigned.
- Works independently and as an integral member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Monitors and reports changes in health status to the supervising Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A Physiotherapist Assistant (OTA/PTA) diploma from an accredited Ontario college program.
- Current First Aid Certificate and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate.
- Demonstrated understanding and practice of rehabilitation principles and techniques.
- Sound critical thinking skills, good judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to participate in and follow treatment programs and care plans.
- Experience working one-on-one as therapeutic support with clients.
- Ability to foster independence of the client in the home and in the community.
- Proven computer skills, including email, MS Word and Outlook, work scheduling systems.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- To protect our patients, we require current vulnerable sector check screening, a clear background check, and proof of COVID-19 vaccination*
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.