IHG Hotels & Resorts
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in – or get a bit of last-minute work done.
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best – we have standards – but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests.
- Help guests – you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example.
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times – and wear protective equipment when needed.
- Be organized – keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimize waste.
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May have turndown duties.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Experiences
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important.
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or pushing/pulling heavy objects.
- You’ll need to bend and kneel to complete some activities.
- Literacy skills – reading, writing, and basic math skills.
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.