The Home Depot Canada
Cashier Part Time
Cashiers play a critical role in assisting our customers by providing fast, friendly, accurate, and safe service. Cashiers proactively assist customers with their transactions, customer questions, and assisting customers to find their desired products. As a cashier, you are our first and last line of defense in ensuring that they have a positive shopping experience.
Why Join the Home Depot Family? *
- Profit Sharing Bonuses.
- Discounted Stock Purchase Plan.
- On the Job Paid Training and Career Development.
- Health and Dental Benefits.
- Career Growth Opportunities.
- Retirement Savings Plan & Paid Vacation Time.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure every item is scanned.
- Process Checkout and obtain payment.
- Monitor and maintain the Self-Checkout area.
- Ensure inventory accuracy.
- Follow all Home Depot policies and procedures.
- Ask customers for proof of purchase when necessary.
- Achieve cashier metrics on a daily basis.
- Be aware of store promotions and rebates.
- Some Heavy lifting is required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders.
- Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up.
- Utilize computer terminals and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look up orders and notify customers when product is ready for pick-up.
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous cashier experience would be an asset.
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.