Operational Compliance Officer
This is a newly created role for a vital team member to support the Operations Manager with implementation and monitoring of the compliance framework across operations functions to ensure ongoing compliance with quality and regulatory standards. Areas of focus include business continuity, outsourcing and contract management and anti-money laundering and counter- terrorism financing (AML/CTF) requirements.
- Effective translation of compliance requirements into policy, processes and operational culture, with a focus on achieving banking industry best practice
- Assisting the Operations Manager to efficiently and effectively embed compliance functions from a first line of defence perspective, ensuring there is an effective system of internal controls that comply with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Work collegiately with internal stakeholders to manage issues that may impact the business
- Identify areas of potential compliance vulnerability and risk and develop and implement corrective action plans
- Develop and maintain the business recovery plan and associated procedures; review, revise, and expand existing plans and protocols
- Enhance and maintain business continuity management practices inclusive of business continuity management policy, business impact analysis, recovery objectives and strategies for recovering critical business operations
- Conduct business continuity risk assessments and report on critical business functions, analysing potential impact of unpredictable business interruptions
- Provide support for effective delivery of AML/CTF program, including transaction monitoring requirements
- Develop and maintain the outsourcing policy, inclusive of a detailed framework for managing outsourcing and contract management
Skills & Experience
- Experience contributing to development and implementation in one or more of the key areas (business continuity management, outsourcing and contract management and AML/CTF)
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and applying Commonwealth legislation and Australian Standards
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment with minimal direction
- Strong analytical skills with ability to meet high standards for reporting and documentation
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders from varying business units across multiple locations.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.