Director, Marketing Effectiveness
Reporting to the Managing Director – Digital Channels, the Director – Marketing Effectiveness will have primary accountability for our digital media investments, governance & optimization of our marketing execution, and the omnichannel marketing technology roadmap across Air Canada and Aeroplan.
The position will be focused on the intersection between our consumer marketing communications and marketing channels, ensuring that we balance the needs of both and thoughtfully implement enhancements that improve our overall effectiveness and throughput.
The successful candidate will have significant first-hand experience working in a large, enterprise consumer-direct marketing department with exposure to the full end-to-end marketing development and execution process across both paid and owned digital channels. This leader will direct a team with diverse backgrounds, anchored by a strong inclination towards innovation and solid business acumen.
This position may be located in Montreal or Toronto.
- On an ongoing basis, sets a 3-5 year roadmap of priorities supporting innovation in our marketing capabilities, underpinned by both marketing technology investments and marketing process improvements.
- Holds primary accountability for stewarding the ongoing marketing planning process from inputs, execution, measurement, and optimization, built-in collaboration with the Brand / Marketing teams and marketing channel owners.
- Serves as business sponsor for the successful implementation and ongoing operation of newly-acquired Marketing Resource Management (MRM) tool.
- Champions marketing process improvements that support our marketing effectiveness, with support from marketing leadership across Brand, Analytics, and IT.
- Accountable for in-house digital media desk, providing thought leadership for the management and optimization of digital engagement and marketing campaigns across paid search, digital display (programmatic and direct), and paid social channels.
- Sets KPIs and provides ROI transparency in collaboration with key commercial stakeholders (ie, Revenue Management and Sales), including development and ongoing refinement of CPA/CPL and ROI frameworks.
- Invests in senior-level relationship management to ensure Air Canada’s needs and priorities are addressed in vendor roadmaps and tactical work plans.
- Successfully leads team to deliver on time-sensitive requests despite ambiguity, or the evolving needs of the airline.
- Forges strong relationships across the organizational matrix, presenting to and engaging with senior executives across the airline on a regular basis.
- BA (MBA preferred) in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Analytical discipline required.
- Minimum of 8 years working within consumer-direct marketing with an exceptional understanding of the processes, data, and technology required to implement a best-in-class marketing operation.
- Strong analytical and technical acumen to credibly engage with other Marketing, Digital, Analytics, and IT leaders and teams.
- Strong marketing expertise managing complex channel strategy initiatives; knowledge of digital. marketing technology required to deliver data-driven, multi-channel campaigns is preferred.
- Knowledge of Marketing Resource Management platforms (e.g. Brandmaker, Aprimo, Adobe Workfront, Unica plan, IMO / IBM Marketing Operations) is desirable.
- Bring a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst ambiguity.
- Ability to manage key performance indicators (KPI’s) and leverage reporting data to provide insight to the business and make strategic business recommendations.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, communicate succinctly, gain consensus and handle complex deliverables within and across organizations.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-directs work, with experience handling multiple time-critical and commercially-sensitive initiatives.
- Possesses superior executive presentation, analytical and project management skills.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.