The Manager in Training (MIT) position is expected to be a short-term transitional role that provides both work assignments and training opportunities to prepare MITs to be promoted into Retail/Commercial Store Management positions. From the date of entry into the AutoZone MIT program, it may be possible to progress to a management position within approximately 8-12 weeks, depending on the prior experience and performance of MIT.
An MIT is a member of the management team. As a member of management, an MIT will be expected to Live The Pledge, and deliver WOW! Customer Service, and drive store execution and performance.
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, MIT will maintain an engaged, productive store team through strong leadership, demonstrating initiative, and leading by example.
The MIT is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the overall operation of the store including:
- Overall store retail/commercial management, supervision, and policy implementation
- Financial management – manage, analyze, and reconcile monthly P&L statements
- Employee staffing, training, and development
- Inventory management
- Customer service leadership
MITs are also responsible for completing operations and management skills training, and learning about key aspects of the business and AutoZone culture. MITs must maintain satisfactory performance and must demonstrate consistent progression through the training program in order to remain in the pipeline role and be considered for management openings.
Note: Selection for the MIT position does not guarantee promotion to a Store Manager/Commercial Sales Manager position. Whether and when an MIT is actually promoted to management is dependent on a variety of factors, including but not limited to performance and availability of management openings.
- 1 -2 years of previous experience as a retail manager or supervisor
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including morning, night, and weekend shifts, and to work overtime as needed
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Previous automotive experience preferred, but not required
- Previous experience analyzing company financials including Profit and Loss Statement preferred, but not required
Compensation Range (USD): MIN 22.5 – MID 22.65 – MAX 22.8
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.