Legal Counsel, Tesla Insurance Europe
Tesla Insurance has an outstanding opportunity for a skilled Legal Counsel to build and lead the in-house legal function of the insurance company to guide through the legal and regulatory landscape of an insurer operating cross-border in Europe.
This is a full time opportunity, to be based in our London HQ office.
What You’ll Do
- Provide legal and regulatory advice relating to developing insurance products and review ongoing regulatory changes to ensure compliance with European and local requirements;
- Provide advice on how different local laws and regulations, especially the Insurance Distribution Directive, impact the distribution of insurance and how distribution channels for Tesla Insurance must be built to be compliant;
- Manage the license passporting across Europe including drafting the necessary regulator notifications and review of local general good provisions;
- Develop and maintain all necessary insurance forms (e.g., terms & conditions, IPID, demands & needs statement) according to applicable local insurance and contract law;
- Draft and review commercial agreements on behalf of the insurance company with external legal support, reinsurers, suppliers, and vendors, including the review of existing contracts;
- Engage and manage external legal counsel across Europe on an as-needed basis with a strong commercial mind set;
- Oversee all legal matters that include disputes with third parties, including but not limited to matters relating to claims handling, local authority inquiries and suppliers;
- Oversee the collaboration with Tesla’s Data Privacy Officer on regulation and laws that impact the implementation of telematics insurance products, cross-border data transfer and drafting of necessary privacy notices.
What You’ll Bring
- Fully qualified as a lawyer in a European jurisdiction.
- Proven experience in advising on legal and regulatory matters within the insurance industry, including but not limited to the Insurance Distribution Directive, local mandatory insurance laws, and Solvency II, ideally with existing experience on motor insurance.
- Experience in subrogation and litigation matters especially concerning third party liability insurance is a plus.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.