University of Florida
OPS Agricultural Assistant
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to operate and maintain equipment associated with farming/cultural practices including but not limited to heavy equipment operation, light duty tractors/mowers, etc., on this 160-acre research facility. The incumbent will also demonstrate a good work ethic and the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Assists in field experiments including, but not limited to, field plot installation, field plot layout, plastic much installation, irrigation system installation, rebar installation, frost protection installation, treatment applications, planting, fruit and vegetable harvesting, and grading, dismantling of the completed project, etc.
- Operates and maintains a variety of tractors and equipment associated with field operations including, but not limited to, tillage equipment, pre-bedders, plastic mulch applicators, mowers, sprayers, drenchers, irrigation pumps, backhoes, forklifts, etc.
- Assists with grove maintenance including, but not limited to, mowing, fertilizer application, pesticide application, irrigation maintenance, planting, tree removal, etc.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Essential participant for all natural disasters preparation and recovery operations, such as frost protection, pre and post-hurricane programs, drought mitigation, etc.
- Farm operations experience with relevant skills; Experience with operation and maintenance of tractors, spray equipment, tillage equipment, mulching equipment, irrigation installation, mowing equipment, power tools, hand tools.
- Knowledge of field-based research activities and related farming techniques.
- Pesticide license.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.