Philip Morris International
Intern in Customer Service Supply Chain
MAKE HISTORY WITH US!
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With the huge change, comes a huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- preferably a 4th or 5th-year student or University graduate with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree up to 12 months after graduation, preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics, Trade, Economics, or other relevant,
- experience in project management and continuous improvements (Lean, SigSigma, Agile or other methodologies) is desirable,
- fluent English speaker,
- very good analytical skills,
- detailed oriented and quality focused,
- adapting well to dynamic work environments,
- can-do attitude,
- efficient computer user, including MS Office (especially MS Excel and PowerPoint),
- candidate with good social and communication skills able to work independently as well as in a team environment,
- a fast learner with good organizational skills,
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
- paid internship
- the flexible working time that can accommodate your studies (min. 25-30hrs per week),
- internship for a duration of 6 that can be extended up to 12 months with the possibility
- to extend to a full-time contract,
- possibility to learn various supply chain processes,
- work with cross-functional teams in a multicultural environment,
- a chance to see the nature of the corporate world,
- possibility to practice your language skills each day.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE HISTORY WITH US?
- support redesign of various supply chain processes by breaking down problems,
- implementing deep dives and generating findings that are translated into practical output and business value,
- work with businesses on supply chain processes’ optimization,
- ensure that the projects or programs are aligned with the timeline agreed guidelines,
- support team members in daily tasks project status updates,
- be a part of a global cross-functional project team working on Customer Service Supply Chain transformation,
- communicate with relevant parties within the company in order to improve processes including IT and Order to Cash,
- work in a vibrant, international environment.
To join us in Finance you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.