The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. Responsibilities include staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Executive Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that insures customer and associate satisfaction. This position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively work with department heads, guests, and team members.
- Responsible for short and long-term planning and the management of the hotel’s Housekeeping operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars
- Teach employees the importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests
- See that the inspection program is consistently maintained
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Work closely with all other Departments
- Inspect rooms daily
- Experience purchasing housekeeping supplies
- Current on the latest housekeeping and laundry technology
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance
- Experience teaching, supervising, and mentoring multilingual and multicultural staff
- Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. helpful
- Ensures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience (typically with Hyatt).
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.