Internal Medicine Physician
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Internal Medicine, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and the hospital’s policies and procedures.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Provides required patient care and management in the field of Internal Medicine in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by the hospital.
- Provides diagnosis, management, and non-surgical treatment of unusual severe, chronic illnesses and situations where several different illnesses may strike at the same time.
- Helps patients understand preventive.
- medicines, men’s and women’s health, as well as an effective treatment of common problems of geriatric medicine thromboembolic disorders.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by the hospital.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Admits patients initiate investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients’ diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/ procedures.
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day medical units, special procedures, and treatment areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Internal Medicine.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Internal Medicine, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department.
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.