General Research Scientist at EHA Clinics
- The research scientist will support the chief innovation officer in literature review, generating research hypotheses, data analysis, and manuscript writing.
What You’ll Do
The research scientist will support the EHA Clinics research department predominantly to
- Review scientific literature and prepare the background for research studies and manuscripts.
- Compare different study methodologies and propose appropriate statistical tests based on the hypotheses to be tested.
- Design data collection/survey questionnaires and digitize them using tools such as SurveyCTO, REDCap, etc.
- Create, test, and refine study protocols, workflow, and related training material for recruiters and clinical staff.
- Create informed consent forms and ethics committee applications.
- Observe and support data collection in the field.
- Clean and analyze data in R and Stata using best practices.
- Synthesize findings and write interim and final reports.
- Support principal investigators in analyzing and interpreting results and writing discussion sections of manuscripts.
- Independently write open letters/commentaries/opinions on varied research topics to inform and influence the scientific community.
- Regularly create social media posts and stories to increase the visibility of the department in the local and professional community.
- Conduct outreach activities at universities and other suitable organizations to solicit new projects and staff.
- Coordinate with external consultants and partners as needed on projects.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to EHA Clinics’ code of conduct and ethical standards of the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree with High Distinction in public health, biological science, or a similar field from an outstanding academic university is a minimum requirement for this position; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- You must have published at least one peer-reviewed research article in a reputable, non-predatory academic journal as a named co-author. Hyperlink/DOI to your publication is required prior to any interviews.
- Proficiency in the English language and the ability to write science in a clear, coherent and persuasive manner.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite are desirable.
- Experience coding in R and a commitment to gain proficiency in Stata within the first year of employment. A sample of your R code from previous work is required prior to any interviews.
- Ability and willingness to apply basic scientific principles and practices to a wide range of fields from social science research to biomedical research.
- A strong letter of recommendation from a previous mentor/professor attesting to your motivation and skills to pursue a career in research will enhance your application.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time as required.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.