IHG Hotels & Resorts
Customer Care Representative
An expert in providing travel advice and solutions in escalated or high-profile situations. Perform in a lead role, solving problems and providing guidance to staff. A critical customer touch point for delivering on our IHG brand experience.
Be a brand champion, taking pride in using every customer interaction to educate on our brands and products. Empowered to make creative decisions using tools and market insight that will deliver on the unique travel needs of our guests, to drive revenue and customer loyalty. Passionate about learning and developing themselves to be the best in an ever-evolving role.
- Provide an industry-leading reservation, loyalty program, and service recovery solution for all contacts
- Perform in a lead role and provide guidance to less experienced staff in the accomplishment of tasks and or when solving more complex issues.
- Champion Brand Hearted behaviors by demonstrating brand knowledge, brand passion, and brand pride.
- Embrace the global and cultural diversity of our guests and business needs.
- Consistently strives to meet or exceed defined performance expectations (revenue, conversion, quality, ADR premium, partner offers, customer satisfaction, etc.) as set by management despite difficulties or obstacles.
- Inspire loyalty and build rapport with our guests, business partners, hotels, and corporate employees, through personalized and efficient service driven by customer needs. Creatively find solutions, within a framework, to drive results; takes accountability and listens to ideas and feedback of others.
- Manage time effectively (including adherence to assigned schedule, attendance, etc.)
- Provide a seamless customer experience through the effective use of systems information and tools.
- Self-motivated, positive, “want-to” attitude with a willingness to take on new challenges. Actively participates in company initiatives, training, and events.
- Take ownership of personal development while aligning with team priorities and company goals.
- Embracing change and adjusting well to evolutions in situations and tasks while sensitively responding and supporting others through change.
- Understand and consider the impact of own actions on self and others (colleagues, guests, hotels, etc.)
- Seek opportunities to improve individual and team performance. Help team and colleagues stay motivated and deliver on goals.
- Support and demonstrate IHG’s company values and ways of working.
- Willingly deliver on additional tasks as assigned.
Key Skills & Experiences
- For some secondary schools, a high school diploma is preferred but not required.
- Previous call center experience in a sales and/or customer service capacity (non-scripted environment). Hotel/travel experience desired.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills – listening, written, verbal,
- Active listening, appropriate conversation pace, problem identification, and resolution
- Social intelligence – empathy, self-awareness, cultural sensitivity
- Ability to customize generic information;
- Strong web-based navigation skills, basic technology/telephone troubleshooting, effective and efficient use of online communication tools and other systems applications;
- Ability to embrace technological and organizational changes;
- Embrace evolving call and contact types, adopt new tools and processes;
- Efficient and accurate data capture
- Bi-lingual skills where required
- Ability to use tools and resources to represent the geographical needs of the caller.
- Capable to perform work in a normal office environment (contact center) and remotely (work-from-home)
To apply for this job please visit fa-evax-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.