IHG Hotels & Resorts
Hotel Services Assistant Manager
Reporting to the Hotel Operations Manager, you’ll lead and oversee all aspects of hotel operations on shift to deliver a unique guest experience that brings the Crowne Plaza brand to life. The hotel team works closely together so whilst you’ll predominantly focus your time across Front Office operations, you’ll also be supporting Housekeeping, Engineering, and all other areas of the hotel as needed.
You’ll be in tune with your team, driving performance and engagement and ensuring they receive the right learning and development opportunities to maximize performance and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction
- Drive team performance related to the hotel’s soft skills with a particular focus on Guest Love, Loyalty Recognition, and Problem Handling
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to colleagues to enhance performance and drive their development.
- Plan for future staffing needs in a timely manner, completing all stages of IHG Recruitment on-boarding
- Ensure your team is up-to-date with core and essential training, train colleagues in quality and service standards, ensuring they have the necessary tools and equipment to perform and are empowered to execute in their roles. Maintain and continue to develop departmental trainers and high-potential team members
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner. Maintain cashier’s float and a hotel safe, ensuring accurate daily report of all money received, performs the audit balances, and prepares all works for audit in an orderly fashion
- Be the first responder – take the lead in a crisis with confidence, responding to emergency situations promptly and calmly. Conversant with the emergency procedures and hotel Crisis manual that covers such emergencies as Fire, Power Outage, and Bomb Threats.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience in either Front Office or Food & Beverage preferably within a hotel/hospitality environment. Experience within both would be an advantage;
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or Business Administration related fields preferred
- Bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Valid Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification, First Aid Qualifications, and Driver’s License is required
- System savvy, you’ll have experience using hotel property management and point of sale systems and be able to share your expertise with the team
- Passionate about guest services, team player, excellent communication skills
- Flexibility – early, late, weekend, night, and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm, and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multiple projects, and prioritize workloads
- Ability to manage complex relationships along with the demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand, and IHG
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.