Stornoway is currently recruiting a Geology intern for the Renard underground mine. Reporting to the Chief Geologist, the geology intern will participate in all stages of the mining production. Daily tasks include the update of all the data related to production and the redaction of reports. Participation is required in the daily monitoring of exploration work and samples collected at the plant.
- Compile and produce production monitoring reports with the geologist;
- Perform monitoring and quality control during ore processing;
- Monitor the management of ore piles;
- Participate in the geological mapping of development faces;
- Perform related tasks in exploration;
- Geological characterization of the kimberlite (geological sampling);
- Carry out factory study projects
- Respect, know, and promote company regulations and policies, particularly in terms of health and safety;
What You Need To Be Successful
- Studies for the Baccalaureate in geological engineering in progress;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite and Autocad. Promine is an asset;
- Hold a valid driver’s license;
- Hold a valid explosives permit.
- Exemplary attitude at all times in health and safety;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural work environment;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Versatility and flexibility with various tasks;
- Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good written and oral communication skills in French. Knowledge of English is an asset;
- Mining modules 1-2-3-4-5-7 is an asset;
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.