Finance and Operations Intern
Shamiri Institute is seeking an energetic, diligent, and self-motivated team player to join our team as a Finance and Operations Intern to be based in our Nairobi office.
The Finance and Operations Intern will help to implement the organization’s operations. They will be responsible for assisting with administration and logistics in the office on a daily basis. The intern will also work on data entry and revision for all active budgets in our financial system and assist with organizing our donor filing system.
They will also work closely with other teams to prepare project documentation under the overall supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and Finance and Operations Associate.
Roles And Responsibilities
Operations & Admin
- Assist with coordinating with project leads to ensure that all project documentation is complete and aligned with internal requirements.
- Assist the department in streamlining its day-to-day administrative tasks and seek innovative solutions to ensure efficiency.
- Assist with logistical activities during project implementation.
- Assist with taking inventory and ordering office supplies as needed
- Data entry and revision for all active budgets into our financial system.
- Assist with organizing the donor filing system.
- Assist with Accounts Payable / Accounts receivable functions to ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments
Educational/Training Background & Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products – particularly Excel
- Ability to understand basic finance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate commitment to the broad scope of values, ethics, and goals at the heart of Shamiri’s mission.
- Possess time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.