DISNEY CRUISE LINE
Dance Supervisor – DCL Entertainment
Disney Cruise Line (DCL), a division of The Walt Disney Company, operates a five-ship fleet of premium-class cruise liners and is the industry leader in family vacations at sea. DCL Entertainment (Toronto) is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company Canada and serves as the rehearsal headquarters for DCL’s award-winning theatrical productions.
Within a state-of-the-art entertainment rehearsal facility, DCL’s production teams pride themselves on creating memorable family entertainment that is both enchanting and magical – delighting the young and young at heart with legendary Disney storytelling.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and reporting to the Resident Director, the Dance Supervisor will be responsible for teaching choreography in accomplishing the ongoing remounts of DCL entertainment products.
- Teachers and maintains different choreography and blocking within the DCL LIVE entertainment offerings to both Character and Mainstage performers involved in Disney Cruise Line productions
- Collaborates and partners with a range of Disney professionals including:
- Talent Casting
- Stage Manager
- Resident Director
- DCL shoreside teams
- Shipboard Management
- Maintains the show’s integrity as well as the DCL LIVE entertainment standards of quality and safety
- Instructs performers, fellow Dance Supervisors, and/or outside contracted creative vendors – including, but not limited to, the creation of occasional staging and choreography
- Partners with costuming to develop all performer tracking documents
- Partners with shipboard leadership in the replacement and implementation of talent
- Leads choreographic auditions for DCL in the Toronto rehearsal facility
- Scheduling of long and short-term rehearsals
- Maintains a current library of blocking books
- Documents choreography and staging
- Organizes and Manages rehearsal/show video files and documentation
- Post-Secondary education in entertainment performance, instruction & management – or equivalent professional experience is strongly preferred
- At least 4+ years of professional experience (or equivalent in education and experience) in theatrical entertainment – must include acting, vocal, and choreographic performance and direction
- Thorough understanding of Disney entertainment products, especially of cruise line LIVE entertainment offerings
- Knowledge of Disney Character Animation usage and how it interfaces with the Disney Cruise Line repertory theatre operation
- Knowledge of DCL LIVE entertainment standards of quality and safety
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency – Excel, Word, Outlook, and Keynote
- Willingness & ability to travel to the U.S. and internationally for lengthy periods of time
- Agreeable to all maritime sailing and seafarer guidelines, requirements, and regulations, including sailing onboard the DCL ships statused as “crew” and assigned to the crew manifest
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.