US Army Corps of Engineers
Construction Control Representative.
- Review construction schedules, and compare the contractor’s claimed progress and daily activities to actual site conditions.
- Analyze plans and specifications to ensure the feasibility of all aspects of the project.
- Prepare reports of inspections and tests of construction projects.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the contractor’s Quality Control (QC) and safety programs.
- Perform preliminary design analysis and initial cost estimates as required to determine the desirability of changes or proposed solutions.
- Consult with contractor staff to settle disputes and disagreements on site.
- Check the adequacy of proposed methods and materials to be used for construction projects.
- Recommend approval of samples of materials and equipment to be used by contractors during construction projects.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A two-year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Travel up to 25% to regions of the world under conflict including combat operations.
- Incumbents must be able to obtain and maintain an official government passport and, as required by location, a VISA.
- Work may entail extended shift work of 12 to 16 hours per day.
- This position is designated as Non-Combat Essential (NCE).
- Pre-deployment physical is required and, when applicable, a Department of State Overseas Pre-assignment Medical History and Examination is required.
- Environmental conditions of work locations vary; may range from excessive heat and humidity to extreme cold/rain.
- Work may require lifting, carrying, and repetitive motions.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.