The general task required of a Care Worker shall be as follows, but the variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi-disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
- To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor, and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
- Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
- Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users’ illness or/at the end of life.
- Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
- Ensure that service users’ physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure that service users’ clothing and effects are personalized and maintained to a high standard.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing service users’ nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
- Answer emergency bells, the door, and the telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
- Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
- Work on a rota basis involving weekend and evening work.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements in line with current Policies including risk assessments.
- Undertake any training deemed necessary to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- Comply with CrossReach financial procedures.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
Ideally, you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care.
If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills And Abilities
The post holder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.