Lloyds Banking Group
Accounting Operations (AO) sits within Group Finance Support and is a shared service center with our colleagues supporting the delivery of payments and reconciliations activities.
Amongst other things, we ensure supplier and colleague expenses are paid accurately, customer card payments are allocated to their account and all associated ledger reconciliations and journals are performed in line with LBG and accounting standards.
Within AO, you’ll provide accounting advice and mentorship on the treatment of transactions, working within our robust process control framework. You’ll also respond to ad hoc requests from your business customers, support change initiatives and join us in delivering efficiencies by leading a culture of continuous improvement.
This role forms part of the management team in Accounting Operations and you’ll play an active part in delivering our combined objectives. This will mean getting exposure to tasks outside of your core role.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Supporting colleagues with the reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts.
- Processing journals in core Finance systems.
- Assisting in the allocation of work.
- Ensuring service levels are met and tasks are completed on time and to our high standards.
- Lead on change initiatives to ensure AO continues to deliver excellent service to our customers.
- We’re always looking to improve processes so a keen eye for improvement will be an outstanding skill to bring to our business.
Within Accounting Operations, you’ll gain a wide range of knowledge due to the number of processes we’re involved in. We work as a team and always support each other; a great teammate will be vital to the success of our team! With that in mind, you’ll need to be able to meet your team face to face in Edinburgh at least two days a week.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.