Our team is on a mission to deliver reliable services that help engineers at Apple do their best work and we are looking for a site reliability engineer to join our efforts. We are a global operation and you’ll partner with team members around the world.
You’ll play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon by thousands across Apple. You’ll work alongside engineering teams to ensure they’re successful. You’ll look for opportunities to innovate all while driving rock-solid operations.
We believe that every engineer brings unique skills and perspective. Far more than any specific experience or skill, we are looking for engineers who want to build great software, learn and develop their skills, and ultimately enable others to develop amazing applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Adopt and apply SRE best practices to services you support
Keep users, key stakeholders, and leadership informed through regular reporting and communications
- Creation of automation for manual tasks/toil
- Develop playbooks related to actionable alerts
- Foster strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Participating in on-call rotations
- A positive and respectful attitude
- A passion for providing reliable services at scale, on bare metal as well as in cloud environments Strong understanding of the administration of Linux services
- Superb collaboration skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
As part of Software Delivery Services & Infrastructure SRE, you will be responsible for delivering reliable services and driving projects to a successful outcome. This role will focus on operating and supporting a distributed development workflow used by teams in Software Engineering.
You will monitor SLOs, respond to incidents, troubleshoot issues, and ensure the service is up-to-date and secure. You will collaborate with engineering teams to implement best practices and shape technical decisions.
To ensure your success, this job will provide you with:
- Passionate and talented coworkers around the globe that are ready to collaborate, mentor, and learn from you
- Ownership to drive meaningful improvements to the operational reliability of the services you manage
- Opportunities to contribute to the best practices used by SRE teams within Software Delivery
- Training in technologies that may be new to you
- * Prior experience as an SRE, software engineer, or system administrator
- * Proven ability to self-manage large projects and meet deadlines
- * Experience in some of the following areas
- * Development with Go, Python, or similar languages
- * Container orchestration with Kubernetes
- * Data visualization with Grafana or Splunk
- * CI/CD pipeline creation with Jenkins or similar services
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.