- Do your life’s best work here – with the whole world watching.
- Join a rapidly growing team at our UK GPU design center.
- At Apple, new ideas and complex challenges have a way of becoming phenomenal products,
- services, and customer experiences very quickly.
- The Design Verification Engineer will be responsible for the pre-silicon RTL verification of blocks in
- low-power embedded graphics cores.
- This includes a deep understanding of the micro-architectural details of their block and how it works within the broader GPU design. A strong computer architecture background, preferably in graphics, and a strong foundation in verification methodology will be used to close testing coverage with high confidence.
- Expertise with verification languages such as SystemVerilog, Specman, or Vera and verification methodologies such as UVM/OVM is a plus.
- Experience working in complex ASIC or SOC designs
- Expertise with HDL simulators & waveform viewers
- Experience defining coverage space, writing coverage models, analyzing results
- Experience working under strict schedule deadlines with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Graphics architecture and programming (OpenGL/OpenCL) is highly desired. Strong knowledge of computer architecture, general purpose microprocessor, and memory sub-system micro-architecture in lieu of graphics experience.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate
- Use SystemVerilog, UVM, and C++ with industry-leading simulation tools and methodologies to verify complex GPU designs.
- Develop verification plans in coordination with design leads and architects
- Create and maintain verification test bench components and environments
- Generate directed and directed random tests
- Run simulations and debug design and environment issues
- Build functional coverage points, analyze coverage, and improve the test environment to target coverage holes
- Build automated verification flows for block verification
- Work with other block & core level engineers to ensure a seamless verification flow
Education & Experience
- BS/MS CE or EE or related fields
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.