The Software Build & Integration team at Apple is at the core of the Apple software development process. We are responsible for delivering state-of-the-art operating systems and applications to Apple customers.
The role empowers build engineers to influence new feature integration into Apple software, by collaborating with engineers from Software, Hardware, Localization, QA, and Project Management teams.
Software Build Engineers will have the opportunity to utilize and implement solutions using distributed computing, cloud services, and virtualization technologies to deliver Apple software to customers. This involves engineering innovative solutions for Apple’s production build system in support of macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS, Xcode, and more!
- macOS, iOS, or UNIX development experience
- UNIX administration and strong software debugging skills
- Knowledge of operating system, network, and compiler concepts
- Knowledge of a scripting language (eg Python or Perl)
- Demonstrate a willingness to ask for clarification and context to understand the big picture
- Find multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate tradeoffs, and decide the best approach
- Have strong coding ability and testing mindset, e.g. CI/CD, high code coverage, chaos engineering
- Understand, retain, and perform complex procedures
- Attention to detail, Critical Thinking, Effective Communication, Problem-Solving
- Familiarity with version control systems such as git or subversion
- Develop strong UNIX debugging skills
- Communicate status frequently to product teams and engineering program managers
- Collaborate with team members, eager to jump and help when needed, with a Can Do Attitude
- Document new processes or update existing wiki pages
- Comfortable reading backtraces and stack traces
Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs.
We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success.
You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Apple is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.