London, Greater London, United Kingdom
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. We are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And we do it on a massive scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver a huge variety of entertainment in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
Our engineers build secure, end-to-end solutions. We develop the custom software used to process all the creative work, the tools that providers use to deliver that media, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
Although services are a bigger part of Apple’s business than ever before, these teams remain small, nimble, and cross-functional, offering greater exposure to the array of opportunities
- Demonstrable knowledge of algorithms & data structures
- Understanding of distributed systems and data storage concepts e.g. CAP theorem and eventual consistency
- Significant experience in designing, implementing, and supporting distributed systems on top of modern cloud services in Scala, Java, Kotlin, or Rust.
- Experience with Spark, Flink, Kafka, or related technologies is an advantage.
- Experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality results on time and with attention to detail.
- if you’re an all round and performance-savvy Java server engineer with an interest in, and experience with, large-scale data technologies and systems we’d love to hear from you.
- Knowledge of front-end development using React or related technologies is a plus.
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is looking for great engineers to build and improve features and services driving App Store, Apple Music, Podcasts, and more.
Our teams are is responsible for many of the key systems powering personalization features of Apple services like ratings & reviews, personalized podcast experiences, digital lockers, and privacy services. You have a phenomenal opportunity to help build and evolve global-scale, leading-edge dynamic data systems.
We’re responsible for the full lifecycle (system design, implementation, continuous optimization, and improvement). Our systems serve billions of customers and are built to last. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and equivalent work experience will also be considered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.