As an actuarial intern, you’ll find that no two days are the same. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of client teams with colleagues who provide advice and support to either the trustees managing the pension scheme or the company that provides it.
Our aim is to help you learn about the potential career path ahead of you while being given real responsibility on client projects.
We’ll work through classroom-based and on-the-job training to develop your technical and consulting skills — including your understanding of key calculations, communication techniques, project management and networking.
What your day could look like:
Actuarial and Analytical Tasks, such as:
- Regular assessment of the financial position of pension schemes.
- Identifying and implementing ways for trustees and companies to reduce the risks in relation to their schemes, including longevity risks, investment risks and inflation risk.
- Carrying out calculations relating to the pension scheme for the company’s financial accounts.
- Carrying out calculations with respect to individual pension scheme members’ benefits.
- Estimating pension protection fund levies.
Client Focused Tasks, such as:
- Day-to-day management of the pension scheme and internal projects.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and other stakeholders of the scheme.
- Attending and presenting at client meetings.
You’ll be given opportunities to work on a range of projects, gaining early exposure to clients to support your development. You’ll also have the chance to be involved in one of our specialist teams, focusing in areas such as:
- Risk Settlement, advising clients on the best way to reduce risk through transferring it to a third party.
- Member Options, helping clients reduce risk and/or cost by offering pension scheme members the choice to reshape their benefits to better suit their individual circumstances..
- Analysis of mortality and other demographic factors using Aon’s Demographic HorizonsTM.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.