Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it.
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation in a scalable, safe excellent operational environment.
This is your chance to make history.
Business area: European Workplace Health and Safety function (WHS) Our Fulfilment Centre operations are at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The EU WHS function is part of the Operational teams and supports our Fulfilment Centres (FC) who are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast-paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want when they want it.
- Oversee safety performance metrics reporting and communication
- Assist general managers in communication, training, and execution of the WHS Programs throughout the region FC
- Ensure compliance with EU and Country law as it applies to Occupational Safety for all relevant FCs
- Perform regular gap analysis to best justify funds for site safety improvements and react to Associate feedback
- Ensure compliance with Safety programs such as Lockout-Tagout, Fall Protection, Fire Prevention, Emergency
- Develop and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regard to critical safety issues
- Analyze accident data and build prevention programs to impact accident trends
- Review Standard Operating Procedure changes and make Safety recommendations
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis and Job Safety Analysis
- Interact with Worker’s Compensation third-party administrators in carrying out claims management
- Applying Lean tools to Safety: error-proof processes, analyze Safety trends and create proactive plans to address – develop analytical, dashboard performance approach to safety management
- Maintain communication with law enforcement bodies and accident insurers as well as Operational directors and General Managers
- Lead a team of Country WHS Managers, including performance-driven issues, and consult with works councils, and safety committees as required
The successful candidate will be or have:
· Educated to degree level
· Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities, workload, and European travel
· Credibility and being able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU WHS strategies and change processes
· Used to operating at all levels of the organization from the warehouse floor to board level
· Excellent communication and influencing skills – result oriented and tenacious
· An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU H&S legislation
· Demonstrable record of driving significant changes through operations
- Lean, 5S, Behavioural Change, and Kaizen experience
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with extensive H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.