EU Machinery Safety Engineer
We are seeking to build a team of Safety Compliance Engineers to influence the safety design and operation of Amazon’s cutting-edge technology in our vast array of facilities.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, and healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and well-being.
To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking a number of Safety Compliance Engineers to join the European Safety Engineering team. The individuals will play a critical role to ensure high standards of safety are built into systems and processes across new and legacy Fulfilment Centres, Sort Centres and Delivery Stations across Europe.
You will be supporting a wide range of projects including liaison with other critical support functions such as Engineering, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Procurement, and New Build/Real Estate teams in order to effectively deliver the required right first-time machinery and systems safety standards. This is an important safety role and will report directly to the Safety Engineering Compliance Manager (Europe).
The extent of your duties will include:
- • Define new and updated existing technical standards for machinery safety and process controls working closely with EU and North American internal experts.
- • Provide functional working links with other critical functional teams including; Engineering, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Procurement, New Build Safety, and Real Estate teams.
- • Support capital procurement processes as well as building design, specification, and launch processes to ensure ‘right first time safety outcomes.
- • Support the delivery of central Health and Safety proactive objectives.
- • Provide input to change projects, build-outs and development projects and act as a technical machinery advisor for the EU WHS team.
- • Generate regular technical updates for the EU Safety Engineering team.
- • Provide monthly reports on upcoming projects and current in-process schemes with clear analytical measures of status and risk.
- • Support business change through effective influencing of change management processes within EU operations.
- • Support Amazon facilities by performing suitable and sufficient risk assessments of all relevant machinery and equipment, for legacy and new launch sites.
- • Support the development of solutions that meet Amazon’s high standards for safety, risk reduction, customer satisfaction, efficiency, scalable, simplicity, and operational excellence.
- • Engineering degree/ 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- • Robotics and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) knowledge.
- • In-depth understanding of the EU Machine Directive 2006/42/EC and its relevant harmonized standards.
- • Comprehension and practical application of risk assessments.
- • Demonstrable record of managing machinery safety inspections across large multi-site businesses.
- • Experience interacting with cross-functional teams.
- • Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU Health and Safety strategies and change processes.
- • Used to operate at all levels of the organization from the warehouse floor to senior management.
- • Solid oral and written communication skills.
- • Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer-based tools to support system engineering and briefing/proposal development activities.
- • Experience of working for a Notified or Approved body for Machinery Safety.
- • Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial.
- • Formal training certification in Machinery Safety (such as CMSE).
- • Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- • TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer.
- • Experience interacting with cross-functional teams and managing projects with minimal supervision.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.