Applied Science Internship
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You will own the design and development of end-to-end systems and have the opportunity to write technical white papers, create technical roadmaps, and drive production-level projects that will support Amazon Science.
You will work closely with Amazon scientists, and other science interns to develop solutions and deploy them into production. The ideal scientist must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people and cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems.
Amazon Science gives insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world.
It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Amazon scientists use our working backward method to enrich the way we live and work.
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent in computer vision technologies, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
- Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
- Experience with Java, C++, or another programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in computer vision technologies, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publication(s) at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Also Search Your “Dream Jobs“
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.